9:37?

Nine37 is a loose collective of artists, culture warriors and community members who aim to enrich their life by creating and exhibiting artwork as well as supporting the development of youth artists. We have published books, zines and music compilations, as well as put on art and music shows across the country, with a major focus on the community transforming Five Town Massive in Bristol, VT

Monday, August 06, 2007

Ethan Clarke Interviewed by ShortEnd Magazine

Longtime Nine37 associate Ethan Clarke has been getting some recognition for his new animated short Princess, which is screening in festivals around the country. He is currently featured on the homepage of ShortEnd Magazine, and their interview provides insight into the wild worlds he creates. Here is a taste:

SM: And when you say you’re just sketching things out, how does that work?

EC: I draw these pictures, and I try and see if there’s a story behind each character that I draw. And then I take all the pictures and I put them on the wall and I see if any of the characters are similar or can talk to each other in any sort of way. Usually that doesn’t really work, and I have to kind of take an outside story and put them in it.
But in a way it does work ‘cause…at the time I’m drawing all these pictures I’m working on a similar theme and they’re all kind of…they’re all kind of coming out the same way. And so they look like they’re manifesting in the same world. And then…I start drawing that world.


Read the rest of the interview HERE
Check out Ethan's short films and illustrations at Mega-Beast.Com


No comments: